Tuesday, June 12, 2007

About Praise and Suffering

Today I wanted to post about something my dad said Sunday. For those of you who didn't know, he had gone to the States for a bit and had got back in Saturday night. He shared some thign that had impressed him while he was at Northland. He had met some missionaries to China, but beacause of tyranny's rule there, they cannot preach the Gospel openly, or even lift up their voices to praise God during their secret services. This made me think of a verse in Acts, telling of the joy the early Christians felt to be counted wotrhy to suffer for Christ. WOW! All I can say is that we should never cease praising and thanking the Lord for allowing us to preach Jesus, and to praise Him aloud.

7 comments:

River Rat said...

That is something to think about and remember.

Rita Loca said...

What a geat message. as i read it i kept wondering if this is what is coming to Venezuela!

#1 CUBS FAN said...

That is sad. I remebered as I read abou some missionaries we met while me and my family were on furlough. They went to Cuba every summer to preach the gospel and they had to do everything in private. It alo brought to my mind some missionaries to China that were on furlough too and we met them in a conference.They always invited some family every single night have dinner with them. While at dinner they would tell them about God and the missionary family said that they never once remembered a person coming to dinner and leaving not saved. It just goes to show how eager these people under communist control want and need the gospel!

jennifer said...

I am sorry to have taken so long to comment. My 2 other boys (Second...Ruben is 15 and his email is mcbober_dundude@yahoo.com, and Third...Trey is 14 and his email is halokid_trey@yahoo.com)

My blog is pen of jen(home school blog is mcbenningministries@yahoo.com)
First is leaving for school son and is busy working and apologizes, but the other 2 would love to email/ and begin a friendship with another.

Please leave in the subject~ pen of jen said to email you.

Please forgive me for taking so long to get one response or another. Jennifer(penofjen.blogspot.com)

#1 CUBS FAN said...

post something new! post something new!

~*♥Verja♥*~ said...

YES!! GO SETH!!!

~*♥Verja♥*~ said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO POST, ETHAN!!! IMMEDIATELY!!
BLOGS ARE MADE TO UPDATE DAILY, NOT EVERY MILLION YEARS!!!!

YOU MADE A BLOG! YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR COMMITMENT!!!!