Saturday, June 9, 2007

Where Would You Go If You Died Today?

You've probably arrived here because you read the small section on the side bar. Here, using only what is within the holy Word of God, we will try to answer that question.
So you've stopped for a second and wondered just what will happen to you after you die. It's not a pleasant subject for most people, because death is painful and full of sorrow. The Bible says everyone is included in two groups- those who are going to heaven, and those who are going to hell. In Revelation 20:15 the Bible says this,"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." This passage is talking about the end of those who have not trusted in Christ as their Savior, and the Book of Life is where God writes down the name of all who have trusted in Him. Hell is a terrible place, my friend, a place you would never, never want to go. In Mark 9:44 the Bible says,"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.", describing hell. But why, you may ask, should we have to go to hell? Why, if God is Love, should we have to go to such a terrible place? let me answer this by way of a simple illustration. It is like my shirt is Sin, and God,who hates sin, takes hold of my shirt and throws it into hell, carrying me along with it. God does not hate you my friend, no, He loves you so much that He sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for you! But what is sin? Sin is any errors we make in life, wrongdoing, in other words. It is missing the mark of perfection God has set in His laws that we can never attain because of the sinful seed we have inherited from Adam. Romans 5:12 says,"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned..." We are all sinners because of that decision taken by the first man. Therefore, we are condemned to an eternity in hell.Romans 6:23a says "For the wages of sin is death..." which is not only talking about physical death, but also about a spiritual death, in hell. So what are we to do? There is only one thing to do. That is, to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, trusting in Him to clean you of your sins, and set you an definite course for heaven.Romans 10:9 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
That is all! Many think that in place of, or in addition to, praying to be saved, you must live a good life, and then God might let you go to heaven. My friend, the Bible says in Ephesians 2:8-9 that "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." This means that the only way you can recieve salvation is by grace, which means recieving something you don't deserve, that you cannot earn your way to heaven. Why? So that no mad should boast. God does not want you to get to heaven on your own, and say,"Look at me! I made it!" Salvation cannot be earned, no matter how saintly you may be.
So, in light of what you have just read, are you willing to ask Jesus into your heart, to pardon your sins, and save you from hell/ If you are, please close your eyes, and repeat this prayer in your heart, for real.
"Lord, I know I'm a sinner, and that I'm on my way to hell. I know I cannot earn my way to heaven, but only by trusing in you for salvation. Please cleanse me of my sins, and save me from, putting me on the pathway to heaven. Amen."
If you have prayed this prayer in your heart, the Bible says that you are now saved. You have assurance of heaven, and joy in the Lord! Please comment on this post if you have prayed this prayer, so that I may pray for you, and that we can fellowship together. God bless you.

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Can I link to this for my Sunday post?

Cross Crusader said...

sure! just click on the title of the post, upon which the URL will appear in the search box, then copy and paste that URL.

CaraqueƱa said...

Good job, bud!